Wednesday 9 January 2013

Mushrooms

5" x 7"
Oil on Gessoboard

 

This is Day 8 of Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 painting challenge.  When I was looking at what I have painted so far I noticed I have been painting a lot of red and green.  So I decided to tone it down a bit with the mushrooms.  It was a lot more difficult to paint something that doesn't have a lot of color.  It does make me realize I need to work on adding color to my paintings even if the object lacks these colors.  If I were doing this in pastel I would have blocked in with all different colors but with the paint I tend to stay away from that.  I need to work on being more brave with the color.  As long as the value is right the painting will read ok.  See, I am learning something through all of this.  Maybe I will do these in pastel as a study and then post.

No comments:

Post a Comment