Tuesday 22 January 2013

Tea with Lemon

8" x 8"
Oil on Gessoboard

NFS

This is Day 21 of Leslie Saeta's painting challenge.  This was a frustrating painting and I don't think I was happy with it at any point.  That is why it is not for sale.  Usually at some point in a painting I will really like it and it takes off from there, not with this one.  It is one I probably would have liked to work with some glazing but you can't do that in a couple of hours.  So I may go back at some point and work on it.  I had to post it because that is my painting for the day, I guess you have to take the good with the bad and not everyday will be a good painting day!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this painting, Lois! I don't see ANYTHING wrong with it..its absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You have made such positive comments on my work each day throughout this painting challenge. I really do appreciate it! (But I do think you will be the only comment today).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very difficult subject, you have made a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice--dainty. Check out Nancy Guzik's paintings with tea cups for some inspiration. Yes, I have some NFS paintings too, for same reason! (Or that they aren't FINISHED.) Keep painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful. I'm impressed with your obvious talent.

    ReplyDelete