Wednesday 6 February 2013

Works in Progress

Here is the second day of working on Lemons and Herbs.  I worked on bringing some dimension to the crock and the antique box.  Next I will establish more values in the background and foreground cloth.  I really enjoy taking my time on a painting.  I am the type of person who likes to sit back and look at the painting and think about what is working and what isn't. 


This is the second piece I am working on.  I am working from a photograph I had taken at the Rockton Fall Fair. I didn't take any pictures at the block in stage, it is a bit further along.  The piece is 30" x 40".  The sheep look like they are floating at this point but they will be grounded in hay.  For me this is challenging because I always have trouble painting folds in white fabric.


1 comment:

  1. AMAZING work in these paintings, Lois!! The crock is incredible in the first painting and the folds in the blanket is really wonderful in the second piece!!!I'm glad you're taking your time with these paintings...It will be two gorgeous pieces.

    ReplyDelete