Sunday 1 September 2013

Waiting


Day 1 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days
 
6" x 6"
Oil on Cradled Wood Panel
 
This is the first blog post I have done in such a long time.  Leslie Saeta is hosting another 30 paintings in 30 days and I have joined the group.  I have a number of shows coming up and I thought it would be great to have the extra paintings.
 
I have been spending a lot of time painting.  I have updated my website and now it is time to update my blog.  The work is never ending. 
 
I thought I would start off the challenge with pears, my all time favourite.  Also, I thought September 1st was tomorrow and so I was in a bit of a rush today to have a painting finished.  I am not completely happy with the pear on the left so I may do some adjusting later.  But, Here it is!

12 comments:

  1. amazingly, beautifully realistic! Love the way the greens and reds play with each other to form shapes...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how vivid your pears are, well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pear painting! They are one of my favorite subjects to paint too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nan. You will probably see a lot of pears from me over the next month.

      Delete
  4. Wow..how much time did this one take...
    Actually I'm planning to do a still life too
    Lil scared :)
    But fantastic work!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took about 2 1/2 hours. I have painted a lot of pears so if I am feeling pressured for time It is easy for me to paintable pear. Today I am working on an onion. Not so easy for me.

      Delete
  5. Incredible pears, love the color. I wont get started till next week...sigh.. too much happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia. Too much happening with me as we'll. looking forward to seeing your paintings.

      Delete
  6. This is a beautiful painting, Lois! I will be looking forward to your next piece!!! (I hope you don't change the pear on the left ... all fruits are different and this is really nicely painted!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, your comments are always appreciated.

      Delete